Monday, January 28, 2013

Reflection 29/1/13

   Having already filmed the opening scenes and half of our portals over the weekend, our film group started editing the captured footage and looking for possible background soundtracks to enhance the narrative. Although my role is the director, I was a communicator today in the IB learner profile by helping out and giving advice to my other group members (the editor and sound designer). For example, I listed song suggestions to the sound designer so that he could grasp the mood that I wanted the music to create and represent my artistic vision. We looked through the soundtrack of the sci-fi thriller Looper (2012) and decided to integrate the song "A Life in a Day" in the ending of our film to establish an ambiguous atmosphere.
      While my other group members were working on their respective roles, I also planned for our next shooting date by using the "Shot Plan", which included specific scenes, times, casting, equipment etc. Not only will this help prepare our next shoot, it will also increase our efficiency when we film thus saving a lot of time for both the film group and the two actors.

No comments:

Post a Comment